Our mission is to serve as the cultural and information center of our community. We provide programs and materials to meet the informational, educational and recreational needs of individuals, organizations and businesses. The library is no longer merely a collection of books. We circulate magazines, audio books, DVDs, music CDs and computer games. In addition to the items we circulate, we also provide our residents with access to the Internet via public access computers as well as wireless capabilities.
The history of our library begins in 1936 with the formation of the Roseville-Erin Township Library Association. The association founded the Erin Township Library in one room in the new municipal building of the Village of Roseville. At the end of the library's first year of operation (from May 1936 until May 1937) an average of 452 volumes circulated monthly. When the City of Roseville incorporated and the City Charter was approved in December of 1958, the five-member library commission was established. According to the Charter, it is the duty of the commission to set the rules and regulations governing the library and appoint a city librarian. The Commission must also submit a budget to the Mayor and Council by February 1st of each year. Each council member is appointed by the Mayor and Council for a five-year term with one position renewing each July 1st.